The Town of Landis purchases the bulk of its treated water from the City of Kannapolis, therefore the Town sets its restrictions by what Kannapolis/Concord have established. Effective July 20th, 2015, per their request, Landis is now observing Level 1 Voluntary Water Restrictions due to the drought level in our area.
Level 1 voluntary restrictions means the following activities are permitted, but users are encouraged to limit:
- the filling, operation or topping off of ornamental fountains
- residential car washing will be allowed using a hand-held hose or pressure washer, both equipped with a spring-loaded nozzle
- residential use of water for wash down of outside areas using a hand-held hose or pressure washer, both equipped with a spring-loaded nozzle
- watering of trees, flowers, shrubs, ornamental plants and vegetable gardens for plant preservation
- automated irrigation services
- filling of swimming pools; topping off of previously filled pools
We thank our customers for reducing their demand and assisting us with extending our limited water supplies during drought conditions. The aforementioned voluntary water use restrictions do not apply to those customers using wells or ponds for irrigation purposes. However, all users are encouraged to remain diligent in their conservation efforts regardless of the water source.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact City Hall at 704.857.2411.
Once again, these restrictions are voluntary. Should restrictions be changed from voluntary to mandatory, this page will be udpated.