PLACEMENT OF GARBAGE/RECYCLING CANS
A REMINDER TO CUSTOMERS:
- Household garbage cannot be placed into recycling containers. Recycling containers containing household garbage will not be emptied.
- Cans must be placed at least three (3) feet away from mailboxes or other stationary objects at the curb.
- Cans must be facing the proper direction in order to be emptied. This means the opening must be facing the street (the side of the can where the bar is located, which is what the trucks use to grab the cans for emptying)
- Cans should to be placed at the curb the night before collection is scheduled (Sunday night for garbage, Monday night for recycling)
- Cans must not be placed on sidewalks or in a way that impedes pedestrian traffic
- Customers who need recycling or garbage cans should contact City Hall during normal business hours (this includes missing or damaged cans)
If there are any questions concerning the above items, please feel free to contact City Hall at 704.857.2411.